November 21, 2008

Meet the Party

To cap off this week we'll introduce you to one of the founding members of the party. We'll do this periodically to give you an idea of who's working with the party. This time around we're introducing the Blog Maven.

Hi all. I'm the Thinker's Party's official Blog Maven. That means I'm responsible for maintenance of the blog, and updating it with content. I'm also working on our web page project and getting our forums set up to make sure we have a consistent visual appearance across all three spaces. Currently I'm doing research into the finances and logistics involved in running a school with the hopes of developing a model for privately-funded successful, free schools. I'll share more of that process later on.

As for me, I'm a Project Manager for a software company with a degree in Linguistics from the University of Chicago. I spend my free time reading, watching movies, and arguing about politics, social problems, and the world in general with just about everybody I know. I've worked as a volunteer TA in an elementary school and tutored high school students (in Geometry and Spanish).

I got involved with the Thinker's Party because I've lost any optimism that the government can be changed to take care of the major social problems we face today (My personal priorities being education and energy) and decided not to let that hold me back. If you want to talk about my background or experiences in more detail, or my work with the party, you can contact me at thinkers.party@gmail.com.

No comments: